Time & Materials Podcast
About The Show
The Time & Materials podcast, is a Construction only podcast powered by LiveCosts.com where we sit down with interesting people doing interesting things in construction.
These construction experts kindly give us their time so that you can walk away with the ‘tools’ to make better day to day decisions in your construction career.
Ciaran Brennan is co-founder & CEO of LiveCosts.com. Ciaran pins the success of LiveCosts down to one key factor, “knowledge of our customer” In his own words, Ciaran explains,
“We built a solution to a cost management problem that builders & trade contractors face daily.
We intimately understand the issue of cost. This is not a problem we have researched and decided to solve, we have lived it, felt in our own companies across Australia, UK & Ireland.
We have served in the trenches with our customers, we speak their language, we get it, thankfully our customers are choosing to remove excel and partner with us to grow their business”
- Innovating in the Construction Retrofit Space | Conor Walsh of Encon August 25, 2023Conor Walsh is the Managing Director of Encon, an award winning retrofit company based in the South East or Ireland. He has a passion for innovation and for all things energy efficient in construction. Conor is a qualified carpenter by trade, with a BSc in Quantity Surveying and more than a decade and a half […]Ciaran Brennan
- Lessons In High Performance From Elite Sport | With Jonny Cooper July 28, 2023Jonny won an impressive seven All Irelands with two All Stars. In this episode Jonny draws parallels between his experience of being a key member of a high performing sports team and the learnings that can be taken into today's business worlds. With 14 years experience of leadership and skills development, Jonny is uniquely placed […]Ciaran Brennan
- How Does A Builder Land A TV Show On RTÉ? March 30, 2023Harrison Gardner, RTÉ Star and Co-Founder of Common Knowledge, talks about his mission to enable people everywhere to understand the basics of construction. In this month's episode of the Time & Materials Podcast, Harrison shares the story of his circuitous route to Ireland – from Australia, through India, to Ennistymon in County Clare. Harrison, through […]Ciaran Brennan
- Taking Modular Construction Mainstream | with Gaynor Tennant of The Offsite Alliance February 24, 2023"In construction, we drop a load of raw materials onto a site, with hand-drawn drawings, and ask a team that have never met each other to assemble that into a product that resembles the drawings." As the Co-Founder and Chair of The Offsite Alliance, and non-executive director of Modularize, Gavnor Tennant understands the huge upsides […]Ciaran Brennan
- Adopting Modular Construction At Scale | Lucas Carsten of Modulize January 27, 2023As the Founder and CEO of Modulize, Lucas Carstens knows more than most about the potential of modern methods of construction. In this episode of The Time & Materials Podcast, Lucas explains: How collaboration, open standards, and data sharing could boost productivity in the construction industry Why off-site construction hasn’t been adopted at scale, and how it could […]Ciaran Brennan